Please send me information about this trip
Day 1: Cusco - Puno
Depart Cusco by tourist bus for comfortable 8 hour trip on paved roads through the beautiful highlands to Puno, nestled on the edge of Lake Titicaca. Stop along the way at Andahuaylillas Colonial Church, also known as the "Sistine Chapel of the Andes," Raqchi ruins, and buffet lunch. Arrive at your hotel early evening for checkin. Walk to local restaurant of your choice.
Day 2: Puno - Uros Islands - Takile Island - Puno
After an early breakfast, we board our motor boat to travel to the Floating Reed Islands (Los Uros) where we meet the Aymayra people and learn the secret to using totora reed to build livable space, structures and canoes. Then on to visit Takile Island, where the men are renowned knitters. After a divine homemade luncheon and a walking tour we return to Puno by boat.
Day 3: Puno - Lima
Following breakfast, your driver will arrive for 45 min transfer to the nearest airport in Juliaca. Conclusion of our service.
Option to add 1 day for overnight homestay with local family on Amantani Island or Luqina Peninsula. Like an "indigenous B & B," islanders have renovated their homes to accommodate tourists. Accommodations are in private rooms with beds & linens. No electricity and rustic plumbing are part of the charm of this excursion.
A behind the scenes look at Luqina Peninsula
Frequently Asked Questions
Coming soon. Please email us if you have any questions.
This Adventure Includes
- Transportation by tourist bus from Cusco to Puno
- Juliaca airport transfers
- All land & water transportation (private vehicle, bus and train & boat)
- 3 * Hotel accommodations/private bathroom, including Peruvian breakfast buffet
- Entry to Uros Islands
- English-speaking guide
- Shared excursion in small, motored boat (max capacity 20 pax)
- International airfare to and from Lima, Peru
- Domestic airfare between Cusco & Lima or Juliaca & Lima
- Lunches or dinners
- Lunch on Takile Island - about 20/s. pp (USD not accepted)
- Bottled water or other beverages
- Travel insurance
- Option to travel by train, by air or private vehicle from Cusco to Puno
- Book 1 way flight from Lima to Cusco and 1 way flight from Juliaca to Lima
- When booking flight from Juliaca, please don't book the last flight of the day if you are making an international connection the same day
- Itinerary subject to change