Adios Adventure Travel offers step by step instructions on how to book your trip.
When you're ready to book and confirm your trip to South America. Send us an email or call our US Office, located in Virginia.
757-714-6649 We're on Eastern Standard Time. M-F, 9 am – 5 pm and on weekends/evening, by appointment.
Here's what we need to know:
- Email a copy of each valid passport for each person in your group
- If anyone is planning to renew their passport for any reason, we need to know at time of booking
- Exact dates of travel
- Confirmation of itinerary or request for changes
- Number of hotel rooms and beds you would like
- Flight arrival and departure details
If your passport is expired, or about to expire, can you make a reservation?
- The answer is "Yes and No."
- Yes, we can schedule and reserve our guides, drivers, horses, bikes and equipment.
- No, we cannot reserve flights, train service or Machu Picchu entry without a valid passport.
- If you have an expired passport or passport about to expire, we can use it to get your Inca Trail permits, AS LONG AS YOU TRAVEL WITH BOTH THE NEW AND THE OLD PASSPORTS. IF WE USE THE OLD PASSPORT THAT'S ABOUT TO EXPIRE, THAT'S THE ONE YOU MUST SHOW AT THE CHECKPOINT TO ENTER THE HIKE. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please let us know at time of booking.
- If you have travel companions or are alone, we can sometimes make hotel reservations in your name and follow up later with passport info. But hotels require the passport info to determine if you should pay the hefty hotel tax imposed on Peruvian citizens by their government. Eventually, one way or the other, they have to have your valid passport info.
- For each participant, include full name, exactly as it's written on the passport.
- Email a copy of each valid passport (must not expire within 6 months of your travel dates)
- Peruvian citizens can travel on a valid national ID
- Students 16 years old and under who are eligible for the student discount price to Machu Picchu, must send us a scan of their valid passport at time of booking.
- Students 17-24 yo and who are eligible for student discount prive to Machu Picchu, must send us a scan of their valid ISC card at time of booking.
- If you have more than one valid passport, you should provide the information from the passport you plan to present at the checkpoint for entry to hikes, trains and Machu Picchu.
- If you leave for your trip at least 60 days or more from the time you make your reservation, payments can be made by calling our US office via phone and pay with VISA/MC/DISCOVER to make a non-refundable 30% deposit.
- If you leave for your trip less than 60 days from the time you make your reservation, call our US office via phone and pay with VISA/MC/DISCOVER to make a non-refundable full and final payment.
- Our bank is located in Virginia and all payments must be made in US dollars.
- We accept both domestic and international wire transfers to our US bank.
- We accept personal and corporate checks in US currency in our US office in Virginia.
- When making your reservation, please confirm your travel dates and destinations. It's possible that during the decision-making process, more than one date or place was discussed. It's wise to confirm the final date and review the destinations at the time of your reservation.
- The quoted price for each trip includes taxes. We have listed everything included and excluded for each trip. We do not charge additional fees for paying with credit cards. Our bank is in the US.