We can accommodate a variety of touring styles - from conventional to adventure. We welcome your phone calls, but all tour confirmation requests will be confirmed by email, including passport information, dates, itinerary, and any additional information.
Trips and tours booked 30 days or less from arrival may be charged a slightly higher rate dependent on availability of hotels, trains and tours. This gives us the flexibility to mix, match, and immediately confirm the services we need to arrange your trip. Payments are 100% non-refundable. For more information, visit our blog on last-minute bookings.
Booking and Payment
We require a signed reservation agreement, a non-refundable deposit of 30% of the total cost of the trip at the time of confirmation, plus the full cost of any flights we book. Inca Trail hikes, jungle lodges and airfare cannot be refunded in any amount at any time.
- Lima / Cusco / Machu Picchu - Final payment must be made by the 1st of the month at least 30 days prior to the trip departure (i.e. trips in June have a final due date of May 1). Last-minute bookings must be paid in full at time of reservation. This deadline is different from the trip cancellation deadline.
- Amazon / Galapagos - Final payment for trips that include travel to the Amazon or Ecuador/Galapagos Islands must be made by the 1st of the month at least 60 days prior to the trip departure (i.e. trips in June have a final due date of April 1).
- Chile / Patagonia / Easter Island - 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure your reservation. Final balance is due no less than 75 days prior to the first of the month of the date of your arrival in Chile.
We accept payments from any country with VISA, MASTERCARD, DISCOVER and AMERICAN EXPRESS cards over the phone or What's App in our US office 9am - 5pm M-F (EST).
Cancellation and Refunds (Link to Cancellation and Refund Page)
- All cancellations must be in writing and confirmed by our office. Confirmation is defined as an email or phone call, followed by written communication, and confirmed in writing from our admin staff.
- Cancellations after any booking will result in retention of full deposit for trips to Peru, Ecuador, Bolivia and Chile.
- 60% of total price will be retained for cancellations from 89 to 60 days before departure for trips to Peru, Ecuador and Bolivia
- 100% of price retained for cancellations 59 days or less for trips to Peru, Ecuador and Bolivia.
- 100% of price retained for cancellation of all Inca Trail hikes, airlines tickets, cruises, jungle lodges at any time.
- Cancellations from 75 days or less will result in 100% of price retained for trips to Chile.
- The non-refundable services are the costs that have been pre-arranged and may include: Airline tickets, bus tickets, train tickets, and other pre-arranged entry fees.
- There will not be any refund for any portion of any tour package not begun or completed for any reason in any country in which Adios Adventure Travel operates.
- Listed in American Dollars.
- The rates are per person unless we specify otherwise.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
We strongly recommend that you purchase travel insurance to cover accidents, trip cancellations, emergency evacuation, repatriation, illness, or any other unforeseen events that could alter your trip, delay your trip, or prevent you from completing your trip.
Adios Adventure Travel does not underwrite, secure, guarantee or take responsibility for any travel insurance policy. Adios Adventure Travel and it's partners are not responsible for the terms of coverage for any travel insurance provider. It's up to you to review and determine if the policies meet your needs. We will comply with any reasonable request for documentation needed to file your claim.
We encourage you to buy full coverage for all your travel expenses. Travel insurance policies offered when you book flights online are not likely to cover ground expenses or force majeure. CFAR (cancel for any reason) is one example of supplemental coverage that offers partial reimbursement for any reason. Even this kind of policy has limitations of which travelers need to be aware.
Itineraries and trips may be altered due to weather, train or flight delays, sicknesses, or other circumstances beyond our control. It is vital that all medical problems be revealed prior to confirming trip reservations. Adios Adventure Travel and its personnel, guides, porters, & drivers are not responsible for additional expenses incurred due to accidents, incomplete or incorrect travel documents, illnesses, lost or damaged luggage, cancellations of transport, natural disasters, health alerts, strikes, or other events beyond our control.
Each traveler is responsible to ensure that their travel documents, baggage fees, international and domestic flights, communication devices, gratuities and personal expenses are arranged in advance.
Liability waiver for all tours in all countries served:
When traveling, you accept the following terms and conditions, representing yourself, your family, heirs and/or beneficiaries:
- You state that you are over 18 years of age and legally capable of assuming and entering into legal agreements
- You accept participation in this activity or tour by your own free will and by your own decision and assume all responsibility for injury to yourself or injury caused to third parties or persons that may result in any kind of legal demand including, but not limited to: physical injuries, emotional traumas, and/or death,as well as related expenses including, but not limited to: evacuation, medical assistance, hospitalization, loss of wages and/or legal expenses
- You acknowledge to have been previously and clearly informed of the risks involved in participating in adventure tours in the practice of adventure sports,and/or participating in services hired that may include, but are not limited to: rafting, kayaking, swimming, river descent, ocean voyages aboard motor vessels, paddling, mountain biking, motocross, 4x4 vehicle rides, rockclimbing, rappelling, fishing, trekking, climbing and/or camping.
- You accept that you have previous knowledge of or that you have been previously informed of the risks involved when participating in outdoor activities in Ecuadorian/Peruvian/Bolivian/Chilean natural areas or reserves including, but not limited to: water, mountains and/or dirt roads, that could experience adverse weather conditions or other unforeseeable events.
- You agree to, at all times submit to our qualified guides' instructions, decisions and/or judgments when participating in activities subject to this release of liability. Guides can change the schedule of your program due to safety reasons, weather conditions and for any reason they deem necessary, that involves the program or activity you are doing. You understand that payments, in part or full, are not refundable for any reason.
- You accept that in the event that you and/or any member of your party suffers any accident or injury, guides & local representatives for Adios Adventure Travel can request medical treatment or emergency assistance according to and to the extent that each case demands. Any expense of medical services or expense due to emergency assistance will be the sole responsibility of the participant(s).
- You accept that local guides and representatives have the authority to remove or prevent anyone from participating in any activity or tour for any reason.
I hereby accept that by signing this document, I acknowledge to have read this document and clearly understand its content and accept its legal consequences. I further agree that should any claims be made, all will be governed by the rules and regulations of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF ALL RISKS
In consideration of and as part payment for the right to participate in travels organized by Adios Adventure Travel, I hereby freely make the following representations and agreements.
I fully realize the hazards of participating in the travel of this type and voluntarily assume all the risks associated with such participation. I understand the risks include but are not limited to, the hazards of traveling in remote and/or mountainous terrain, accident or illness in remote places without readily available medical facilities, the forces of nature, the hazards of war, civil insurrection, terrorism, and street crime. You understand that airports, roads, railroads, highways, bridges, buildings, and other man-made structures, as well as motor vehicles, aircraft, and other conveyances, may not be constructed or maintained up to standards customary in the United States or other North American, European, Asian or Oceania countries.
I agree that it is my sole responsibility to be familiar with and capable of handling the physical and/or mental demands associated with the travel I have chosen.
I understand that situations beyond the control of Adios Adventure Travel, its providers, or the participants may arise during the travels. I understand that Adios Adventure Travel is not liable for any airline cancellations, delays, or other events not under its control and you will not hold Adios Adventure Travel financially liable for those events.
I hereby release and agree not to sue Adios Adventure Travel for any damage or losses to person or property that I may sustain arising out of the travels organized by Adios Adventure Travel or any provider. I acknowledge and agree for myself, my heirs, my successors, and my assigns that the above representations and agreements are contractually binding on me.
Having read and understood the contents and consequences of the Release of Liability and Assumption of All Risks, being aware that I have the option to purchase travel and other insurance, and understanding and accepting my responsibilities during my travels, I hereby sign this Release and Assumption on your own free will.