Chile Reopens Border After Covid-19
In early November 2020, it was announced that the Chile border will reopen to foreigners on November 23, 2020. Arrival protocols have been established as follows:
- Stay-at-home orders were lifted in August.
- Night curfew still in tact from 12M to 5AM.
- November 23 the Chilean border at Santiago airport reopens to foreigners from any country with a new protocol
- Before departing your home, fill out a health affidavit with details of your origin, destination, health conditions and symptoms that could be related to covid
- Must provide negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of arrival
- App to monitor symptoms for 14 days
Torres del Paine National Park, located in Patagonia, will reopen on November 26. This is just in time for the summer season in the southern hemisphere. The tourism community is not expecting any more than 30% occupancy for the 2020-2021 season.
For travelers who have the flexibility to pickup and go to South America in December 2020 through April 2021, this is a great opportunity to explore the astonishing landscapes for which Chile has become known. With fewer tourists, plucky visitors can expect to see truly pristine settings without crowds. It's sensible to prepare for limited infrastructure as the tourism industry tries to rev up. Many jobs were lost due to the shut down of all tourism activities last March 2020.
Adios Adventure Travel is offering private trips to Patagonia and Easter Island during the summer months and of course Easter Island can be visited year round due to its temperate climate. Please contact our US office to discuss your dates and get more details.