Please send me information about this trip
Day 1: Arrive Lima
Arrive in Lima, Peru where you will be greeted and transferred to your hotel for the night
Day 2: Lima - Cusco
After breakfast, you will return to the airport for a short flight to Cusco, the famed capitol of the Incan empire. Guide will meet you at the airport for transfer to your hotel to settle in your room. Activity will be minimal as you adjust to the altitude. A walk to the local restaurant of your choice, followed by a walking tour of the city including the amazing local market, begins your journey to discover the cuisine of the Peruvian Andes.
Day 3: Cusco Outskirts - Cooking Class
We'll travel to the outskirts of Cusco for guided tours of Sacsayhuaman, the ancient Incan fortress perched above Cusco, and nearby Tambomachay and Pukapukara. Spend the afternoon with our chef in the kitchen of a local restaurant learning about Peruvian food while you prepare your own dishes. Overnight in Cusco (order of activities subject to change based on availability of restaurant kitchen)
Day 4: Cusco - Sacred Valley Traditional Pachamanca Cooking Activity - Ollantaytambo
After breakfast, your guide accompanies you to the Sacred Valley. Your first stop is Chinchero, the weavers' village where local Qechua women demonstrate ancient weaving practices still being used today. It's the perfect chance to buy that special wool hat or woven item direct from the artisan. The valley is the agricultural heart of the local Inca culture and depending on the season you are traveling, you may see potato, corn or fields of quinoa. Your guide accompanies you to a local Qechua farm or rural village where you observe and participate in a traditional communal Pachamanca (earth oven) luncheon. Farmers build a fire to heat rocks, and fill with meat and vegetables to cook slowly. After lunch continue by car to the Inca Greenhouse ruins in Moray, where you discover the sophisticated botanical practices of ancient Incas. Drive to Ollantaytambo stopping to enjoy local Chicha beer before arriving in the oldest, occupied village in Peru for your overnight. Walk to local restaurant of your choice. (order of activities subject to change)
Day 5: Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes
Up early to tour the Ollantaytambo ruins before you catch the morning train to Aguas Calientes, the gateway to Machu Picchu. Here you can visit the local artisan market, relax in a cafe in the village and enjoy a dinner in the restaurant of your choice. (option to visit to Machu Picchu for $75 USD pp + shuttle bus $24 USD pp)
Day 6: Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Cusco
After breakfast in your hotel. You meet up with your guide then board the shuttle bus for 30 minutes ride to the main entry of Machu Picchu. Enjoy a private tour of the ancient citadel followed by time to re-enter and explore on your own. By midday you begin the journey back to Cusco arriving early evening. Dine in restaurant of your choice, including options for upscale cuisine at CHICHA or MAP restaurant, or sample guinea pig at INCANTO restaurant. Or go for the hip wraps and greens at GREENS ORGANIC restaurant. Those who are interested can visit local "Museo de Pisco" to learn more about the brandy that is unique to Peru and comes from the dry coastal climate in the south.
Day 7: Cusco Airport - Lima Airport
Free morning in Cusco. Visit museums, ruins, shops and restaurants of your choice or just sit in the plaza and observe the people. We terminate our service at the Cusco airport where you will catch your flight to Lima.
(option to extend 1 day in Lima to for amazing gastronomic experiences with ceviche, pisco and cooking classes)
Frequently Asked Questions
Coming soon! Send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Adventure Includes
- Cusco airport transfers and all land transportation (private vehicle, bus and train)
- 3 * Hotel accommodations/private bathroom, including Peruvian breakfast buffet
- Peruvian cooking class
- Entry to Machu Picchu National Park and the sites as described
- Private, guided tour of the ruins with English-speaking guide
- Full-time, private, English-speaking escort
- International airfare to and from Lima, Peru
- Domestic airfare from Lima to Cusco and Cusco to Lima
- Hotel or transfer services in Lima (available on request)
- Ingredients for the cooking class
- Lunches or dinners
- Bottled water or other beverages
- Photos included may not represent actual dishes you prepare
- To extend your trip to Lima, please add at least 2 days / 1 night.
- Itinerary subject to change
- Special diets accommodated with advance notice
- Single supplement $270 USD pp based on 3* accommodations with private bath
- Hotel/Transfer services available in Lima upon request
- Ask about extending your trip to Lake Titicaca, Amazon Jungle, Arequipa, Colca Canyon, Ecuaor or Galapagos Islands