Please send me information about this trip
Day 1: Lima - Puerto Maldonado
From Lima airport, fly to Puerto Maldonado. Guide accompanies you by motorized canoe (boxed lunch) to your Lodge before you begin your jungle exploration. Orientation, then short hike to canopy tower to see toucans, parrots & macaws. Dinner, then ecotourism lecture.
Day 2: Jungle Exploration
Breakfast, then hike to oxbow lake where you paddle a catamaran to search for otters, caiman, hoatzin & horned screamers. Lunch followed by enthnobotanical tour. Twenty minute boat trip to a path which spotlights the different medicinal uses of plants. Dinner. Guided night walk.
Day 3: Jungle Exploration
Early morning visit to Parrot Clay Lick, a twenty minute walk from the lodge. You will see dozens of parrots and parakeets, including Mealy and Yellow- headed Amazon, Blue-headed Parrot and Dusky headed Parakeet descend on most clear mornings to ingest the clay on a river bank. Then a 2 hour hike crowned by the largest tree in the vicinity: a giant ceiba tree. During the hike we will focus on the natural history of the rain forest. Lunch.
A 30 min boat drive to a farm to explore a diverse variety of popular and unknown Amazon crops. Dinner
Day 4: Puerto Maldonado - Cusco
Retrace your steps by boat back to the airport for 45 min flight to Cusco. Arrival and transfer to the hotel. Guided, walking tour of Cusco and visit to Sacsayhuaman Archaeological Park. Overnight in Cusco
Day 5: Cusco - Sacred Valley of the Inkas - Aguas Calientes
You try to absorb the stunning vistas only seen in the Andes as we tour the small towns of the Sacred Valley, including Ollantaytambo and Chinchero. Each town offers its unique interpretation of ancient customs and traditional life. Chinchero is known for hand-dying and weaving fabric; Ollantaytambo is the oldest occupied Incan town. Board the train for 1.5 hour ride to Aguas Calientes for dinner and overnight.
Day 6: Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu
We connect with the bus for our final approach to the national park and the ruins of Machupicchu. Your guide conducts a private tour of the ruins, after which we return by train and private vehicle to Cusco for the night.
Day 7: Cusco - Lima
Transfer to airport at least 2 hours prior to scheduled departure.
Frequently Asked Questions
Coming soon! Send your questions to email@example.com.
This Adventure Includes
- Cusco airport transfers and all land transportation (bus and train)
- 3* Hotel accommodations including Peruvian breakfast buffet
- Entry to Machu Picchu National Park
- Private, guided tour of the ruins with English-speaking guide
- Jungle tours are shared in small groups
- Jungle airport transfers, land & boat transportation, meals and licensed guides
- Jungle lodges have private bath & hot water
- International airfare to and from Lima, Peru
- Domestic airfare (can be included for $450 USD pp - subject to change)
- Lunches or dinners (except on jungle tour)
- Bottled water or other beverages
- Travel insurance
- Itinerary subject to change - sequence can be switched so you visit Machu Picchu first
- Single supplement - add $350 pp
- Domestic flights - estimated $450 pp (subject to change until booked)
- Hotel/transfer services available in Lima upon request - add $95 pp double/triple or $170 pp single
- Add more days in Cusco - $55 pp per day based on double/triple occupancy
- Ask about extending your trip to Lake Titicaca, Arequipa, Colca Canyon, Ecuador or Galapagos Islands.