We organize all the logistics to travel between Machu Picchu in Peru, and Galapagos Islands, off the coast of Ecuador. And we help you choose the activities and tours that fit your needs and interests.
- snorkeling activities vary from short excursions to longer 1/2 day or full day boat trips, unless you are on a cruise. Passengers on cruises may spend more time in the water just because it is convenient. For land-based tours, we can set up activities with minimal snorkeling on request.
- hiking on Isabela Island to Sierra Negra volcano can be half day activity, or longer if you choose to continue the hike to Chico Vulcan. The hike is not steep but it takes several hours over varied terrain and when raining in the highlands, it becomes a muddy adventure!
- walking around the villages on any of the 3 main islands (Santa Cruz, San Cristobal or Isabela) is enjoyable way to explore the local culture.
- seasickness strikes even the most hardy travelers. If you plan to cruise, please visit your physician to discuss remedies. Even if not cruising, the transfers between the islands take 2 to 2.5 hours each leg by speedboat. It is recommended that you take medication at least 30 to 45 minutes before boarding.
The most commonly asked questions about combined trip are:
- How long does it take to travel between Machu Picchu & Galapagos?
It takes 2 days / 1 night of travel, including overnight in Guayaquil (or Quito)
- How many days does it take to visit Machu Picchu and Galapagos Islands?
The minimum is 12 including 1 travel day between. But more days are always better
- Can we visit Galapagos first, then go to Machu Picchu?
Yes we can organize the trip in either direction. One overnight is needed in transit no matter which direction you choose.
- Do we need to find hotels and make reservations when traveling between Machu Picchu & Galapagos?
No, we organize the hotels and transfers back and forth to the airport when needed
- Can you book our flights from Peru to Ecuador?
No, we ask you to book all your international flights. We can book all the internal flights (domestic). And we can help you find the best options for international flights. And we will review all your flights, including those that you book yourself, to confirm that everything is coordinated.
- Can you fly directly from Cusco to Galapagos airport?
No, it is not possible to fly directly, nor is it possible to fly there in one day. You must stop in Lima, Peru and Guayaquil, (or Quito) Ecuador.
Should you choose land-based tour or cruise? Here's what you need to know:
- Cruises have fixed departures while land-based tours can start any date. If you have already booked your international flights, it's likely that a land-based tour will be the best fit.
- Land-based tours include activities on the islands as well as in the water. You sleep in hotels and dine in restaurants. Cruises may stop at the islands for you to get off for short periods, but you will live aboard the boats.
Tell us how much time you have and we set up the itinerary that fits your needs. We help you choose and book the multi-city international airfare and we take care of the rest.
Choose superior accommodations with full guide & escort
Or choose budget accommodations and shared, guided excursions. Combine with 5 or 7 day Machu Picchu Traditional tour and you have a variation of the same trip.
Let us know which tour best meets your needs. We recommend that you book Galapagos tours for 2 people, at least 6-8 months in advance, and for larger groups, at least one year.
TIP: land-based tours are the best option for making a last-minute booking.