Please send me information about this trip
Day 1: Fly from Santiago to Easter Island
From Santiago, the flight is 5.5 hours in the comfortable Lan Airlines Dream Liner. Your guide will be waiting at the airport to transfer you to your hotel for checkin. Then enjoy dinner followed by a live performance by the talented Rapa Nui dance troupe.
Day 2: Myths and Legends of Easter Island and Moai Statues
Full day guided tour around the Island begins with a stop at ceremonial village of Orongo. From the cliffs you get a birdseye view of Birdman Island and will learn the real life fairytale of the Birdman cult. In ancient times, the tribes on the island came together in Orongo for one of the most amazing competitions known to humankind. Each tribe would select a man to climb down the craggy cliffs and swim to the island to search for the egg of a manutara bird. The first man to return to the starting point, with his egg in tact, would be King of the island for the next year. Walk to rim of nearby Rano Kau volcano for panoramic views and a peek into the beautiful lake inside. Drive along the beautiful pristeen coastal road to Rano Raraku Trail to explore the Moai quarry. And continue to Tongariki to see 15 moai restored to their platforms. Lunch at "the beach" on other side of island. Drive back to hotel.
Day 3: Fly from Easter Island to Santiago
Free morning to explore the village of Hanga Roa on your own. Transfer to airport for afternoon flight to Santiago. Conclusion of our service
Frequently Asked Questions
Coming soon. Contact our US office with questions.
This Adventure Includes
- Roundtrip flight Santiago to Easter Island
- 2 Nights accommodations in 3* hotel with private bath and breakfast
- Airport transfers
- All ground transportation
- Entry fees to the parks
- English-speaking guide service
- Entry to dance performance
- Hotels in Santiago (can be arranged on request)
- Airport transfers in Santiago (can be arranged on request)
- Bottled drinking water / lunches / dinners
- Travel insurance
- Gratuities (at your discretion)
- ATV rental
- Horse rental
- Ask about lower for larger groups.
- 50% deposit required at time of booking.
- Can be included with trips to Patagonia (southern Chile), Fjords (central Chile) or Atacama Desert (northern Chile)
- It is not recommended that you book your international air connections on the same day as your flight to or from Easter Island.
- Rent ATV's on your own. MUST provide passport AND drivers license. About $40 USD pp for 24 hours (subject to change)
- Option to include sunrise horseback ride on Day 3 for added cost.
- Warm, sub-tropical and humid in summer (FEB) and mild in winter (OCT)
- February is warmest month with avg temperature 23C (72F) and coldest is August 17C (63F)
- July is the wettest month at 140 mm of precipitation (which is about half the amount that Los Angeles gets)