Please send me information about this trip
Day 1: Santiago (SCL) to Ranu Kau-Orongo / Museum / Tahai / Dance show
Flight from Santiago to Hanga Roa, Rapa Nui. 5 hours. Local guide will be waiting for you upon arrival. Transfer and check in to hotel. Visit Orongo Ancient Town. Located in the shadow of Rano Kau Volcano Crater (with many lagoons inside), and on the side of the cliffs where the Tangata Manu (Birdman cult) ancient contest was conducted. Enjoy expansive views of the Motus Islands. Visit the Rapa Nui Anthropological Museum before the sunset at Tahai ceremonial complex (the closest Moais to town). End your day with an energetic Polynesian dance show at the Kari Kari restaurant. (B, L) Overnight hotel.
Day 2: Myths and Legends of Easter Island and Moai Statues
AM. Guided tour by van to Ahu Akivi: Ceremonial platform, where you find the only moai statues looking at the ocean. Visit caves with incredible views of the ocean, where the people of Rapa Nui used to look for shelter and a places to hide. Drive to Anakena Beach for lunch. Continue by van to Ahu Tongariki, the most famous Ahu, with 15 standing statues. Stop at Rano Raraku Volcano, the "industry" or quarry of Moais. It’s where most of the Moais were built. It has an incredible lagoon inside the crater. Dinner at a local restaurant. (B, L) Overnight hotel.
Day 3: Fly from Easter Island to Santiago
(optional) Easy hike through beautiful meadows to the highest summit in the Island with amazing views. Enjoy an early hike from the center of the Island to the highest summit. Although Terevaka volcano is extinct, you can see the old crater and amazing 360 views of the whole Island surrounded by sea. The hike is easy and has a duration around 2.5 hours roundtrip along the grassy meadows. Return to hotel for luggage followed by lunch on your own. Board flight to return to Santiago (SCL). Arrive Santiago and transfer to hotel for overnight in Santiago. Conclusion of service.
Note: cost subject to change due to fluctuations in flight rates / 4 Nights accommodation includes 2 N in SCL before and after the trip to Easter Island.
Frequently Asked Questions
Coming soon. Contact our US office with questions.
This Adventure Includes
- Roundtrip flight Santiago to Easter Island
- 2 Nights accommodations in 3* hotel with private bath and breakfast on the island
- 2 Nights accommodations in 3* hotel in SCL before and after the trip (total 4N hotels)
- Airport transfers in Easter island and SCL
- All ground transportation
- Entry fees to the parks
- English-speaking guide service
- Entry to dance performance
- Bottled drinking water / lunches / dinners
- Travel insurance
- Gratuities (at your discretion)
- ATV rental
- Horse rental
- Tips (at your discretion)
- Includes 2N hotel in SCL before and after the 3D trip to Easter.
- 50% deposit required at time of booking.
- Can be included with trips to Patagonia (southern Chile), Fjords (central Chile) or Atacama Desert (northern Chile)
- It is not recommended that you book your international air connections on the same day as your flight to or from Easter Island.
- Rent ATV's on your own. MUST provide passport AND drivers license. About $50 USD pp for 24 hours (subject to change)
- Option to include sunrise horseback ride on Day 3 for added cost.
- Warm, sub-tropical and humid in summer (FEB) and mild in winter (OCT)
- February is warmest month with avg temperature 23C (72F) and coldest is August 17C (63F)
- July is the wettest month at 140 mm of precipitation (which is about half the amount that Los Angeles gets)