Adios Adventure Travel wholeheartedly supports sustainable tourism. Our message is different than what you may be reading elsewhere. We do not ask or expect travelers to buy carbon offsets or pay added fees in lieu of actually doing something that will reduce your impact.
Please consider implementing some or all of these impact-reduction ideas:
- Walk, bike, carpool or utilize public transport
- Air dry clothes & dishes
- Store & use reusable cups, plates, table settings at work as well as at home
- Reduce your water use in the bathroom, kitchen & laundry room. ( you decide how)
- Turn if off, unplug it, don’t buy it.
- Reuse your junk
- Most importantly, teach your children to think about their consumption decisions and take responsibility for the impact of their choices. (this means Mom & Dad have to do it too!)
- Support businesses that take responsibility for their consumer choices & decisions.
We do not charge extra for eco-tours. We have negotiated the absolute best rates available for our travelers while still respecting the need for local families and businesses to earn living wages. Eco-travel should not cost more. Travelers should not feel guilty about traveling. You’re supporting someone or something with every dollar, pound, sol, peso, euro you spend. It’s like voting! Only with money!
Sustainability practices & ethical tourism:
- Support regional cultures and ancient traditions *
- Advance fair employment practices *
- Invest profits in local economy *
- Benefit indigenous industries *
- Offer authentic voluntourism opportunities *
- Focus on meaningful travel experiences *
- Further sustainable, local economic improvement